Rushed every line after the first, but I’m sure I’ll revisit this again soon.
I should really start drawing in pencil lines for myself so I can write straight, lol.
12 minutes, reference.
Need to experiment more, ughh.
The black/blue cartridge ran out the other night and I stuck in a red one and the transition between the inks was really awesome. I can’t wait to get another parallel pen and some other color inks so I can play with this gradient thingy??
PS I’m at Sakura-Con this weekend. Here’s how to find me, so come visit!
Stuff for the Sakura-Con Art Show!
A whole bunch of matted originals and a one-off canvas print of "Slipping," since I actually don’t want to part with the original for that just yet.
This is last year’s map, but the art show will be in the same place this year: the second floor of the Washington State Convention Center, by the side elevators (not the main elevators). The charity auction is in the same room as the art show!
Art show public hours are Fri 12pm - 9pm, Sat 10am - 9pm, and the live auction is usually noon Sunday?
Go look at things!
Two things I’ll never get tired of doing:
- Sorting everyone into Hogwarts Houses.
- Turning everyone into ponies.
My eternal contributions to fandom.
(Even though I think his eye makeup in the film was really dumb (seriously why didn’t they just give him his mask?), I’m compelled to include it every time I draw him ??)
Bucky O’Hare will probably always be the first “Bucky” that comes to mind for me.
Been meaning to revisit this quote for a while.
I had other things to do, but.
"A Praise Chorus" - Jimmy Eat World
"Speeding Cars" - Imogen Heap
"Fields of Innocence" - Evanescence
"Numb" - Linkin Park
"Clear Blue Sky" - Skylar Grey
"Boston" - Augustana
"For Reasons Unknown" - The Killers
"The Fear" - Lily Allen
"Locked Up" - Ingrid Michaelson
"Comes and Goes (In Waves)" - Greg Laswell
"Way Away" - Yellowcard
"What If" - Meg & Dia
"Elle me dit" - MIKA
Note: “Elle me dit” was translated into “Emily” by MIKA, but the lyrics were changed to flop to a different POV and I think it loses the feel of the original song. MIKA sang a straight English version of “Elle me dit” at a concert in 2011, and I really wish that had become the official English version instead.
~10 minutes, reference.
Amateur calligraphy continues. So far I’ve learned that:
- This pen is hella bleedy, even in my sketchbook, which usually holds up pretty well.
- I have no idea how to write in a straight line (actually I knew that already).
- I do not like the lowercase “d” in Gothic-style lettering.
- I really like writing with the edge of the corner, but I have like zero control when I do so. The Parallel is also kinda inconsistent with when it wants to actually write when I use just the corner.
- It turns out really cool when the inkflow is inconsistent in the middle of a letter, but I wish I could figure out how to control that better.
- Calligraphy is kinda weird because letters are formed in ways that are completely different from when you write normally.
- Calligraphy is really a thing you should do on a flat surface (VS a tilted surface), so I really shouldn’t use my sketchbook, maaaah.
Lyrics by Coldplay, Ingrid Michaelson, and Imogen Heap.